Thursday, December 17, 2015

Stand Like a SUPERHERO and Feel the Results!!!

Tech Ed for the 5th/6th graders ended this week.  We did so many computer projects, but tied in several important life skills for students to add to their toolbox. 

A skill I presented to the students is how to use their posture to be successful and help them get through school and life.  An important lesson for adults.  My philosophy is to share and introduce any life skill tips I can during my Tech Ed class.  I asked my students to pose for me.  The first pose was to be like you don't care, shoulders hunched, etc.  The second pose was to pose like a superhero - shoulders/chest up and out, legs apart and soft smile.  According to studies, if you practice this for 2 minutes in the morning, you can gain much self-confidence in your life.  Then, throughout the day, check your body positioning and regroup to tell your body to be in control.

My students formatted their photos in a project to print out.  I am in hopes they keep this printout to remind them that there is nothing stopping them from being a SUPERHERO!

For more information on this, check out this website and video from Amy Cuddy - "Your Body Language Shapes Who You Are"

Click here to read more . . . . . Stand Like a Superhero!